Mud on the Wall

My daughters have a way of telling me that not only are we, as a family, not normal, but they wouldn't have it any other way.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Mud-Slinging without Politics...


What an excellent way to wrap up the sculpture class!

This photo was taken just about an hour ago at our home in Saratoga... Our tiny apartment was filled with the sounds of animated conversations, laughter and the non-verbal sounds of discovery and delight as the students from my last sculpture class came to share fine food and see the final firing products of their own imaginations!

I insisted on doing all of the firing for the class myself, in my own kiln, after the terrible experience of the first class (fired by the school)... even though it was a consummate pain in the patootie to haul things back to the studio, move them in and around the studio work and, well, you get the idea, it was all worth it when ALL of the work came through all of the firings looking fabulous.

To see all of the work laid out on the long tables and stuffed overflowing in the boxes! And what a sense of comraderie and delight in each others accomplishment... All I can say was it a perfect way to end this class!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home